I am really glad you stuck around… Now… I am in the midst of telling a story.
In the introduction you have seen the emporium has sunk. Now… in chapter 1… you found out about the Hanky’s… a little bit… They are very much to themselves.
Gather ’round, you people… read back if you have to, but I am going on telling the Hanky story as it is….
Margo, Barb, oh… Gary too…. Poseidon loves you!!! *Kissie Kissie*
Angie was too surprised to pick a fight just now. She was curious and wanted to know what this important task was. It wouldn’t help being all over him now.
– ”Well, alright then. I’m on my way!”
– “On your way… where Ted?…”
Ted took a deep breath of fresh air. It had been a while since he had been outside. He was supposed to sign some papers at town hall. He had just accepted a very important job. He didn’t know how ‘they’ found him or chose him to do it, but he was willing to give it a try. At least he would have Ma off his back for the time being, and Angie? Well, Angie had to mind her own business.
The moment Angie stepped inside Ted’s room she was mesmerized by the sweetest little song coming from the gnome-in-the-box. She stood there and for a moment and forgot all about her evil thoughts, actions and bitterness. That moment she felt pure love.
Meanwhile, Ted arrived at the City Hall and met with his contractor’s secretary for almost an hour. He signed the papers. This was a strange assignment, but the good thing was that he would be working at night and therefore didn’t have to be around people.
Why had he taken a job? Was it the constant nagging of his mother? Not even in his own house he could have some privacy. Always someone there to bug him. If Ma wasn’t on his tail, Angie was and now… he could work at night and sleep during the day. They would now leave him alone.
He didn’t have a clue what to do. They would probably call him or something. Or was he supposed to look for IT himself? He didn’t know either what IT was. He knew he got a great looking apparatus or some sort of machinery to work with. Ted loved these gadgets.
*…Ted looked up*
– “Huh? What? erh.. Who???” Ted didn’t know what to think. Was that a gnome talking to him? He probably had been inside too long. His brain was playing tricks on him. He rubbed his eyes and when he opened them again, there this little fellow still was.
– “I’d say, head out to the graveyard man…, get your first assignments there. No one is going to call you… It is nothing like in the movies, where people just give ‘Ghostbusters a call’ ya know…. Hurry man! Be on your way!”
So that’s what Ted did. He hurried to the graveyard. Still wondering if it was real what he had just witnessed. Nah… gnomes didn’t talk to you! They were just garden decoration or came in a little music box, nothing else. He should drink less coffee and eat more healthy food. Maybe he should come out of his room more often too, talk to real people.
– “Angie…, I sent him on his first misión” whispered the gnome. “Don’t worry about your brother…, worry about yourself, life is too short to focus too much on others and hate will eat you from the inside my dear.
…And, *sigh* you are much too pretty to be locked up in this house too. Spread your wings Angie…, I will help where I can! Too bad you are no match for me, you being human and all that… but I am sure your future will be different than what you think it will be.”
At daybreak he would go home and sleep. Sometimes he had a couple of hours to exchange some words with his Ma and his sister, and things in the Hanky household were like this for a long time. Hunt for ghosts, go home and go to sleep, eat, hunt for ghosts, go home and go to sleep.
This time was different. The lady of the house was watching his every move. And she was no ghost. Oh no…! She was a pretty lady… with no husband and living there all by herself. If Ma had known this, she would’ve probably jumped in the air with joy. Rich, pretty and healthy. The perfect match for her Teddy.
– ”Mr. Ghost Buster…? Where are you? Are you in there? Are you decent? Can I come in?”
Ted was about to meet Ms. Perfect, Didi Lutz for the first time.
To be continued…