How it aches… My muse was called back from her holidays… It was time. Time for a new story. My gratitude goes to my mentor CycloneSue.
It’s an introduction. The story has yet to be unfold.
“Hey! What is that???? Hey!!! Everybody! Come over here! I found something!
YO!!! YO!!! My friend!!! How is it that you are not here with us?
Are you OK? YO!!!… Hello???
There’s no response Master Wilson. I am pretty sure we have found Master Hoagy though. It sure looks like him.
OK, listen up my bearded little friends! We need to put together a rescue team. Master Hoagy has been found. Let’s stop the drilling for a bit.”
– “Hey! Mr. Poseidon!”
– “..Hmmmpff… I did try to tell them so. Just too much…. WAY too much stuff! It sank them.”
– “Whaddayamean.. It sank them?”
– “Look around little fellah…. What is it you see?”
-“ Well… now that you mention it…. Not much! I see a roof sticking out of the swamp here.”
– “You came too late…. It’s all gone.”
– “I see what you mean, but with all due respect… I still see something left here! It’s not all gone…. HEY! I see someone!!!”
– “That, my little friend is Ma…, Ma Hanky. It must be a memory of her. She’s not really there…. It’s all a figment of our imagination. No one can live here anymore. The house sank!”
– “But… where did she just come from?”
– “Nowhere …. Couldn’t be…. Where could she be coming from? I told you, it’s a figment of your imagination. Ma Hanky. She was a sweet person in a way. Oh…, I remember her well….”
– “…But… Pos, my friend, I could swear she was climbing up some stairs just now!”
– “OK, let’s find a place to go ashore. Man, he looks really beat! Where is his head? His arm? What happened to him?”
Master Hoagy was not in any position to tell them how he lost his head over Angie Hanky.
They all stood there and watched the rescue misión. A soft rumbling noise came from deep under ground.
– “Master Wilson, my good man…, it’s getting dark. I see they got Master Hoagy safe in the boat. Gather your clan…. I will tell you little people the story of what happened here…
…and what is still happening…; gather ‘round and listen.”
Everyone gathered around Poseidon, who had been long enough in this damp corner of the Twinbrook swamp to know and the only one to tell them the story of the sunken Hanky emporium.
– “Anyone here for the first time? Raise your hand!
Ah… many of you…, many…, good! I love a big audience who hears this story for the first time.
We will need some CycloneSue Super glue to fix Master Hoagy here. He will be the one who can fill in on the juicy details.
The Hanky emporium… Standing proud!
Here it all began… before tragedy struck.”
To be continued…